I am, admittedly, sad to see 2013 go. 2013 was wonderful to me. After almost 7 years, I finally got to marry my best friend, high school sweetheart, and love of my life in July. I finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up (for those of you who know me well, you know that this is kind of amazing). I started school again. I met some amazing people, went to some pretty awesome concerts, and got to spend tons of time with the people I love. I moved to Indianapolis. Started a healthier lifestyle. I could write for days on why 2013 was awesome.
It has been a blessed year. While I am sad that the “year of our wedding” is coming to a close, I have a feeling that 2014 will be incredible, too. We get to celebrate our first anniversary. I will hopefully be admitted to my program of choice. We get to go on a vacation to Florida. I get to spend even more time with the people I love. I’ve made a list of goals for the new year. I don’t necessarily want to call them resolutions. The word “resolution” feels so…final. I feel terrible when I don’t meet resolutions. I like to say goals. Goals, to me, are a work in progress. Always.
So here is my list of goals for 2014.
- Weight loss. Isn’t this on everyone’s list, every year? I do NOT want it on my list for 2015.
- Run a 5K. I know this is a shorter run, but I am NOT a runner. And I have arthritis. So this is a good start.
- Read the entire Bible. As a Christian, I think it is ludicrous that I have never read the entire Bible.
- Read 24 books and watch 24 classics. This actually probably won’t be super difficult to reach…
- Start a garden. Let’s see if I have a “green thumb…”
- Give more. Time, resources, love, advice, listening ear. This life is not about me.
- Go to 2 awesome concerts. Because we all need to go to more concerts because music is awesome.
- Get into my program of choice.
- Blog fairly often.
So there ya have it. Each goal has several sub goals, but I won’t bore you with those details 🙂 I plan on posting monthly goal updates to help keep myself accountable.
Hope you all have a wonderful new year!
What are your goals for 2014?
At the end of each year, I like to reflect. I don’t feel that you can learn anything if you don’t have a sort of review. I was thinking about effective ways to do so, and came up with the idea of writing a post with 5 “negatives” with an attached positive or lesson followed by 5 independent positives.
“Negatives” of 2013
- I did not reach my weight loss goal. It happens. I’m putting on my big girl panties and moving on. However, I did manage to lose about 15 pounds from December 2012 to July 2013. So not a total loss.
- Stress took a major toll on my health. Between planning a wedding, moving, and starting school again, I was a anxious mess of headaches, stomach aches, and terrible skin. However, the things I was anxious about were amazing and nothing to really be anxious about. So I may feel silly about stressing out, but I’m working through that 🙂
- Because I moved away, I don’t hang out with friends like, ever. As sad as this sounds, I literally have not made friends in Indy. In KY, I left my bridesmaids/dudes and my coworkers and I have NOT been ok with that. I guess the attached positive is that I have been given the opportunity to meet new people and form more friendships. The problem here is that I am not necessarily seizing them
- I did not take very good care of myself. Comparatively. I am not a smoker, not really a heavy drinker. But I barely exercised and did not exactly maintain a healthy diet. Towards the end of the year, I have started to get my crap together.
- The last couple weeks of 2013, I have been eating horribly and have not exercised at all. I am ashamed of this! I’ve been away from home and have just not taken good care of my health. Lucky for me, a new year and new me starts on Wednesday.
And now for independent positives!
- Basically murdered my classes during my first semester back. I was out of school for a year and a half, so this is definitely a win.
- Um, definitely finally got to marry the love of my life and my best friend. Can’t get better than that.
- I got to go to some pretty amazing concerts. The boy band concert with NKOTB, Lumineers. Woop woop.
- My hubs graduated from college in May. He worked so hard and finally has his degree!!!
- We bought a car! Not a huge fan of the payments, but loooove the car!
And a bonus… My family is amazing. This is pretty much the same year after year. 🙂
Soon, I am going to post my personal resolutions for 2014. It is going to be a great year!
Welcome to my blog! And thank you so much for taking the time to read it. I’ve attempted a couple of blogs in the past, but never successfully kept up with them.
My tagline for this blog is “the journey to find peace of mind and health of body.” That can encompass a lot. Basically, I want to use this blog to keep me accountable for my life. I will post healthy recipes, work out ideas, life updates, and my day to day realizations. I hope that this blog inspires others to make some awesome life changes!
Thanks for stopping by! Any comments, questions, or suggestions are welcome!