Holy wow. I promise I haven’t been neglecting my blog…I’ve been super busy with school and was busy pretty much all spring break. But I am back, and with a new found desire to blog!
In the last few weeks, a lot has happened. I started Weight Watchers, started eating birds again, and went down a pant size. And I mean a whole pant size. Like, I comfortably fit in my new pants. Not the “I can squeeze into my new jeans as long as I don’t breathe” down a pant size. An actual pant size. So, yay me.
Bummer thing is, I have reached a lull in my weight loss. I had it easy for a few weeks-I was getting rid of excessive water weight, toxins, etc. But I’ve hit a plateau. The last couple weeks I have been sitting at the same weight. Annoying. So this week, I have started lifting weights (ugh my muscles) and will be trying some new workouts that I will be sharing on the blog!
To make up for being a bad blogger, I come bearing a delish fruit pizza! Since I am now on Weight Watchers, you can start expecting my recipes to come with points values!
Make-It-Your-Own Fruit Pizza
Adapted from Simply, Taralynn
- Entire box of honey graham crackers
- 2 ripe bananas
- Container of Cool Whip (I used fat free)
- 1 individual fat free vanilla greek yogurt (I just used Kroger’s)
- Toppings of your choice
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
To make the crust:
- Crush graham crackers. I am blessed enough to have a food processor, but hands work just fine!
- Using your hands, mash in the bananas. Ya’ll, do this like you’re making a meat loaf! Except you aren’t.
- Spread out onto greased sheet, in whatever shape you so choose. I just kind of spread mine out and cut it into a circle–ish when it came out of the oven and had cooled. My crust ended up being fairly thin.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on your crust! Lightly browned edges are what we are looking for.
Once the crust is out, set it aside to cool. Do not attempt to remove the crust from the sheet until totally cooled. You will regret it and will have a massive mess on your hands. 🙂
Next, start on the “frosting.”
Mix together the container of coolwhip and the yogurt. Add in a little honey for sweetness. Stick in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to thicken up a little bit.
While everything is thickening and cooling, prepare your toppings! I decided to go with a tropical theme: I toasted some UNSWEETENED coconut flakes. Then, I sliced some strawberries and pineapples.
I may or may not have drizzled the coconut with some honey before toasting. I am a honey fiend, and I am unashamed.
Once everything is cool and thickened, spread the “frosting” over your crust. Arrange your toppings however you see fit!
This is my finished product:
It was delicious and definitely quieted my sweet tooth. Cut into 12 slices, and each slice comes in at only 3 WW Points! Not to mention you are getting some fruit and healthy dairy! Can’t go wrong with that.
Other awesome toppings could include any fresh fruits. If you use bananas or apples as a topping, don’t forget to toss them in lemon juice first so they don’t brown! Almonds would be delish also, just keep in mind that they would alter your points values.
Til next time, friends!