I love this season. Like love. I love it so much that I definitely “started” the season two weeks ago. Don’t judge me.
Anyway, if you follow me on Instagram (if you do, THANK YOU! If not, get on it :)! ), then you’ve seen some of the decorations hubs and I have going on this year. I thought I’d share them on here, along with two quick and easy tutorials for super simple (and super cheap!) Christmas decorations. I’ve (hopefully) got a healthy banana bread recipe and spicy peanut noddle recipe coming at ya later this evening!
Alright, quick tutorial number one is the set of boards above the buffet table. They were seriously so easy and so unbelievably cheap. I found this on Pinterest.
- I cut a large foam board in half (I believe the foam board is from Target)
- I picked out that super adorable Christmas tree fabric from Hancocks. I ordered 2 yards because it was on sale, but had tons left over. I’m thinking about making pillows 🙂
- I used a hot glue gun to glue the fabric to one side of the board. Pull it taught so it looks nice and clean.
- I also glued white yarn in a loop on the top to hang it.
Ta-da. I know. Easy. I glued the fabric edges to the back of the boards so there wouldn’t be any “glue bumps” in the front. You could use this to display Christmas cards, or just as a simple and cheap decoration.
And tutorial numero dos. I call these snow candles. I know. Original.
- From the Dollar Store, I bought 4 glass “globe-like” containers, 4 tea candle holders, and 4 tea candles.
- I had plain old epsom salt on hand, but you can find it at Kroger, Walmart…Really, wherever you shop you will probably find epsom.
- I poured some epsom salt in each globe, and nestled and tea candle holder in each.
- I put a tea candle in each holder that was “nestled in snow.” When lit, they glow! It’s so simple, but so beautiful.
And now, I leave you with this…
Because there is NOTHING cuter than a chihuahua in a make shift Christmas bow tie.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don’t forget to follow me on here!
When this blog reaches 100 followers, I am going to have a sweet giveaway to celebrate!