Hello and happy Friday!
I wanted to take the time to share a few tools I use to stay healthy. Some of these I’e been using for a while, some I’ve only recently found. Hopefully some of these will be able to help you on your journey to a healthier you!
- My Fitness Pal App. You probably know of this app already, but I do think it is a great tool to help you get back on track. I don’t like to use it constantly because I really hate counting calories. I use it as a way to “relearn” how much my body needs. We tend to overindulge over holidays, and sometimes it is difficult to go back to healthful habits. My Fitness Pal also tracks your steps, and adjusts your calories accordingly. Definitely worth checking out if you haven’t already!
- YouTube. Because of the amount of fitness videos available on YouTube, we have no excuse to not exercise! There are yoga videos, kickboxing videos, pilates videos. You name it, YouTube probably has it. Some of my favorite channels include Yoga With Adriene, Blogilates, and Tone it Up.
- Charity Miles. It’s an awesome app that is totally free. Basically, this app tracks how many miles you walk/run/bike. For every mile, a sponsor donates a quarter to a charity you specify at the beginning of your workout. It definitely encourages you to, excuse the cliche, go the extra mile 🙂
- The Blogosphere. Seems simple enough. I love following the blogs of real people who are on the same health journey I am. It’s super inspiring, and a lot of them post healthy recipes that are simply delicious. I also follow people who are already where I want to be. Some of my favorites include SimplyTaralynn, MindBodyGreen, YourZenLife, and Wellness Mama.
- A well-stocked kitchen. Obviously. But sometimes, it’s harder than you’d think. Make sure you always have some healthy staples (fresh fruits, veggies, and lean sources of protein) ready to go. It’s hard to make healthy choices, but keeping your kitchen stocked with good-for-you foods makes it much easier.