I guess this is quiche? We had tons of of leftover “stuff” I needed to use up before it went bad. Frittata is usually fried (right?), and I wanted to at least keep this mostly healthy.
Anyway, I wanted to have nice Sunday breakfast with hubs, so I came up with this. It has eggs (duh), tons of spinach, bacon, parmesan, and potatoes. Super simple and super delicious. You get 1/8 of the “pie” for less than 200 calories and 11 grams of protein. Woo!
Crustless Breakfast Quiche
- 9 large eggs
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 6 slices bacon (I used center cut)
- 1 c. spinach, chopped
- 1 potato (baked or pan fried and diced)
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan
- Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray round dish with non-stick spray (I actually have a quiche pan…haha…but a pie pan would be fine)
- Spread (sprinkle?) diced potato on bottom of dish. This probably won’t cover the dish, and that’s alright 🙂
- Whisk together seasoning (to your taste), eggs, and heavy cream until nice and fluffy. Pour over potatoes.
- Layer spinach over eggs. The spinach will kind of sink down, but will mostly remain on the top half.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheese over quiche.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until done and set in the center. I think mine took just over 30? Ovens vary 🙂
I served this with fruit and sriracha (duh). And coffee. Because coffee is everything on a Sunday morning 🙂
Pretty, huh? YUM. This can easily be altered to use leftovers. Diced ham, tomatoes, and swiss would be delicious!
What’s your favorite Sunday breakfast?
Share in the comments below! And don’t forget to follow this blog, and my Insta and Twitter (@lovethekate)