I have a serious love for stuffed peppers. And I have a serious soft spot for all things mini. Just so cute! Kroger’s mini peppers were on sale for $1.99 (whaaaat?), so I grabbed a bag and decided to make baby stuffed peppers.
Great idea in theory. Those suckers are way difficult to stuff. Nonetheless, they were delicious, cute, and quick, and I WILL be making them again. Maybe with an Italian twist?
Anyway, I paired these Mini Mexi Peppers with refried beans (I LOVE them!). How hilarious is this can?
How cute are these?
Mini Stuffed Peppers
- 8 mini sweet peppers
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 c. shredded cheese (I used fiesta blend for some added spice!)
- 2+ tbsp taco seasoning (amount totally depends on your preference)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- “splash” of olive oil
- 1 can Rotel (or other tomato and green chile brand)
- 8 jalapeno slices (I used pickled because that’s what was on hand)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Seed and half the peppers, long-ways. Put pepper halves in a bowl of hot water to soften and become more pliable.
- Cook garlic cloves with oil and turkey and seasonings until brown and no longer pink.
- Add drained Rotel, and mix well. I kind of break up the tomatoes a little bit to make them mix better with the meat.
- Drain peppers and set them on a cookie sheet.
- Stuff each pepper as best as you can 🙂
- Top with the cheese, and jalapeño slice on each pepper.
- Bake until the cheese is bubblin! I chose to broil mine a bit, because I LOVE that browned cheese taste! YUM.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Instagram me @lovethekate using #feistyfrench.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Let me know what other posts you’d like to see on the blog below!